Re: Replying to posts

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:46:34 -0500

On Apr 25, 2016, at 8:11 AM, Michael Hendry <address@hidden> wrote:

On 25 Apr 2016, at 13:39, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:

On Apr 25, 2016, at 5:00 AM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:

Greetings All,

In a recent post David Wright asks of  a user:

Please configure your client to post a text equivalent of your HTML code.

He also asked me to do that.

The reality is that the world, given the ubiquity of broadband and graphical interfaces, has moved on from plain text.  It is no longer the standard and has not been for a decade or more- most Internet users have, I suspect, no knowledge of this old standard any longer. Expecting others to accommodate what is now an out of date standard will simply continue to create issues.  It's like expecting web developers to accommodate lynx in creating Web pages- probably not going to happen very often.

One can choose to use text-only software but at this point we are responsible for our own problems if we do.  The world has changed and left us behind.

Heavens above!

You’ll be wanting us to start top-posting next!

LOL!  While top-posting is now normal as well, it really irks me and I can’t imagine ever wanting to do it that way.

A:  It’s backwards.

Q:  What’s wrong with top posting?

Tim