Re: LilyPond logo?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: LilyPond logo?
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:10:15 -0400

There seems to be an assumption here that the logo _is_ the waterlily graphic on the webpage, and that it is just a matter of coding it up. I am not sure that this is the formal lilypond logo, is it? Has that been decided or discussed? In any case, does it convey the brand clearly and recognisably? What is a logo for? Does lilypond actually need visual branding? Are we trying to increase market share with a logo?

I’d suggest a dicussion before launching off and finalising this.

Colour is no good - pretty much everybody prints music in B&W, and musicians copy it on photocopiers in B&W. So if a logo is to be made, it would have to be B&W almost of necessity.

Since lilypond is GNU lilypond, does the GNU logo have to be incorporated? I think there are many questions.

Andrew