Re: Compiling against guile-2.*

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Compiling against guile-2.*
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:19:00 +0200

In a nutshell, they aren't.  Once Guile 2.0.12 becomes available in
Ubuntu _or_ works reasonably well non-installed, there may be some more
attempt to get this to work, until the next Guile flaws not sanely
addressable in LilyPond are discovered and one has to wait for the next
Guile release.  Guile takes about 1-2 years for a 2.0.x release these
days, and Ubuntu takes 1/4 to 3/4 years to pick up a new release.

I guess that there will likely be still 2-3 such iterations, so it's
more likely that the game will get restarted on Guile-2.2 at some point
before it plays out on Guile-2.0.

--
David Kastrup
Huh. Well, that's odd. I just tried compiling Lily again, and this time it (lilypond-2.19.47, as it reports itself) worked (against guile-2.0.12). Haven't tried compiling any files yet, but whatever issue I had last week is no longer preventing compilation (or has been resolved).

Cheers