Re: Keep alive together - call for use cases

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Keep alive together - call for use cases
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:51:56 -0600

Mark,

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Mark Knoop <address@hidden> wrote:
At 21:13 on 19 Aug 2016, David Kastrup wrote:
>Mark Knoop <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hi Mats,
>>
>> How does the attached look to you? Note I have moved the
>> Keep_alive_together_engraver to the GrandStaff level so that the vln
>> I and vln II groups can work independently. The problem now is
>> making the system start braces cooperate.
>
>I think we should likely have some context with only
>Keep_alive_engraver in it and accepting all sorts of Staff contexts.
>That would likely be more natural than juggling manually with
>Keep_alive_engraver.

I've just submitted an additional patch which I think addresses the
uses raised by Mats, Kieren and Abraham. See attached ly and pdf files.

Comments, particularly on usability, appreciated.

This is looking very nice and appears to do precisely what I (and Kieren) proposed. Thank you for making this happen. It's true power, I'm sure, will come to light as more use-cases (especially in "real world" scores) are attempted. Well done!

Best,
AbrahamĀ