Mystery Solved - Thanks

From: Pastor Neubauer
Subject: Mystery Solved - Thanks
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:02:21 -0500

Thanks for the responses. I need to clean up my coding, which will help. The mystery lies (I’ve had this issue a number of times) in that the \relative statements are first lines controlled by the  indent command. When Lilypond auto breaks music the second and following lines are controlled by the short-indent variable. In my sloppier way of writing code I just need to define both indent and short-indent to the same value.

Anyone who would like to continue looking at the example I gave, I will continue to appreciate any input on coding tips.

I am looking to get rid of the numbers that are automatically put above the staff as the start of each line when Lilypond auto breaks lines. What are they called and can they be removed.

Jim