Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:28:52 +0200

Am 22.09.2016 um 01:38 schrieb Carl Sorensen:

> On 9/21/16 11:59 AM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>    Am 21.09.2016 um 19:48 schrieb tisimst:
>>

>>          By the way, how do the curves appear
>>            when the thickness is more pronounced (i.e., thicker). Does
>>            it still come back down to a point at the end of each
>>            segment? My guess is it does (simply because I haven't
>>            tested it myself).
>>

>>    Yes, it does, see attached.
> I haven't looked at the code, but it should not be hard to get this to
> work.  Instead of a bezier, we use a bezier sandwich to make slurs.  It
> would be possible to use the bezier code for one side of the slur, and
> then offset the interior end control point for the sandwich.
>
> The dashed slur code shows how this is done for dashed slurs.
>
> If you haven't done it by the time I finish with the dots stuff, I will
> try to take a look at it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

Would it be possible (make sense) to draw a multi-segment curve directly
as a path? I mean, we already have all the necessary control points
available.

What is necessary is to draw a curved shape that has the same
characteristics as a LilyPond slur (in particular the configurable
thickness and the tips) but only on one side of the line.

Urs