Re: Beginner's questions about long repeats & MIDI files

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Beginner's questions about long repeats & MIDI files
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 23:58:12 +0200

Mojca Miklavec <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you very much for the example. I compiled it, but the output
> doesn't look too appealing to me.
>
> But you gave me the idea how to do it with two voices. For the visual
> part I decided to use something like the following:
>
>     <<
>       {
>         <g es'>2.~ |
>         <g es'>2. |
>       }
>       {
>         s2. |
>         s2 \parenthesize f4 |
>       }
>     >>

> That is: misuse parallel voices, use as much skip as necessary and add
> a note inside parenthesis.

Those are not parallel voices but parallel music resulting in a single
voice.  To get two voices, you'd write << ... \\ ... >> rather than

That's important since you also only get a single stem for parallel
notes, and overrides etc in one part apply equally to the other.

I think this was actually what you wanted, I just have to object to your
analysis.

--
David Kastrup