Re: Why warning: cannot end volta spanner?

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Why warning: cannot end volta spanner?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 09:41:23 +0100

This is a forwarded message
From: Peter Toye <
address@hidden>
To: Simon Albrecht <
address@hidden>
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 4:07:21 PM
Subject: Why warning: cannot end volta spanner?

Simon,

Thanks  - that certainly does the trick. Though why there should be a warning message there at all is still beyond me (see the title to this thread!).

I can't find any reference in the manuals to the syntax of calling functions like this. There's a list of functions in the Notation and Internal reference manuals, but I can't see where it tells me how to use them, apart from the odd example of specific functions.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------
Sunday, October 9, 2016, 7:26:40 PM, you wrote:

Albrecht> On 09.10.2016 19:08, Peter Toye wrote:
>> Re: Why warning: cannot end volta spanner? David,

>> This is what I'd like. But it compiles with the warning message. My
>> original questions was: why and can I get what I want without the warning?

Albrecht> If everything is fine except for the warning, you can use
Albrecht> #(ly:expect-warning "cannot end volta")
Albrecht> It goes on top-level, once for every instance of the warning. If a
Albrecht> future compilation issues fewer warnings than expected, there will be a
Albrecht> warning about that.

Albrecht> Best, Simon

===8<===========End of original message text=========== Simon,