Re: Crash! -1073741819

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Crash! -1073741819
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 21:44:00 +0200

Hi,

>> Where does the error number come from?

It happens to be 5 - 2^30. That does not explain anything, it is
probably either an integer overflow (underflow) or just some value
interpreted as an integer. It might point experts to the origin in the
source code or be a completely arbitrary number.

>> At least when LP crashes there
>> should be more verbal information, otherwise it is totally useless.

Of course, error messages should convey some useful information.
There are useful error messages whenever the developers expect some
failure. Perhaps you found a condition which nobody was expecting? If
you can describe how to reproduce it, an exception with a useful error
message can catch this case. But you have to know where it comes from,
first.

So, that's enough of my guesses. I hope that at least some of them are
correct.

Best,
Joram