Re: dynamic marks on multiple lines between piano staves

From: Sirius Barras
Subject: Re: dynamic marks on multiple lines between piano staves
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 00:59:12 +0200

Dear Urs and Simon

I'm not sure to understand how to correctly use your solution:

> <<
>   \new Staff { c'1 }
>   \new Dynamics { s1 \p }
>   \new Dynamics { s1 \f }
>   \new Staff { \clef bass c1 }

My apologize if my question is naif, but in case I need to apply my dynamics not at the beginning but somewhere in the center of the piece, should I count the number of measures and change { s1 \p } in accord with it? If this is the case, then of course this type of solution make sense only when you have a complex and frequent dynamics. Or am I wrong?

Thank you, g.