ties in volta / alternatives

From: bart deruyter
Subject: ties in volta / alternatives
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 10:11:47 +0200

Hi all,

I've ran in a situation here with a tie in the first alternative of a volta repeat. The tie is on the last note of the first alternative. The second alternative has the same note and lilypond renders the tie to the second alternative, while it should render half a tie, which points to the start of the repeat.

I've only found a mail of 6 years ago about this and I've used the same, well, it even is not a workaround, but it shows as if it's a workaround :-) , by attaching a laissez vibrez sign to the last  note.

Here's the mail from that time : https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-03/msg00367.html

I was wondering if this issue really isn't solved yet after 6 years. If so, I can't find anything in the documentation, or I must have missed it.

grtz,
Bart