Re: Non-lyric text in lyrics

From: Tom Cook
Subject: Re: Non-lyric text in lyrics
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 12:36:13 +0000

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 at 12:19 Gerdau, Michael <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to insert instructions mixed up with lyrics.  Actually its just
> the name of the singer, but the name changes half-way through and changing
> vocalName doesn't seem to do the right thing.

A minimal example would be helpful...
...but you probably want to try \shortVocalName

Sorry, I didn't really know how to do a helpful example as I couldn't find anything close to what I was after.

\shortVocalName gives me the vocal name at the start of each line, which is not quite what I was after - I wanted to show exactly where (mid-bar) it changes from one to the other.  Marc's suggestion does what I'm after.

Thanks again,
Tom