Re: Spacing for s4

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Spacing for s4
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 20:26:51 +0100

On 05.12.2016 18:58, PMA wrote:
On 12/05/2016 11:51 AM, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 12/5/16 8:52 AM, "PMA" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 12/04/2016 12:40 PM, PMA wrote:

Come to think of it, "*spacer rest*" instead actually comes closer --
assuming anyway somewhere a strict definition.

..."closer", i.e., in describing the output of Rest.transparent!
(Sorry, I'd switched references.)

Yes, I agree that a transparent rest would be better called a spacer rest,
as it creates space for the rest.

However, with strict proportional spacing, I am surprised that an
invisible rest (s4) doesn't take up space.  I haven't looked at the code
to see why, but I would expect it to, as the music elements should be
printed exactly according to their start moment in proportional spacing.

Good - a relief to hear the surprise isn't all mine!
So I must now send you this score's setup commands,
which do include some custom stuff c/o You Guys.
Later today....

And please on-list.

Best, Simon