[Resurrection] \accidentalStyle for common choir notation

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: [Resurrection] \accidentalStyle for common choir notation
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 22:45:24 +0100

Dear all,

I'd like to lift the thread "\accidentalStyle for common choir notation" from June-July out of the grave. Unfortunately, I don't have it in my inbox anymore, so I need to refer to the horribly url'ed archive

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/accidentalStyle-for-common-choir-notation-td191797.html#a192980
In particular, I'd like to gain new insight why Abraham's idea did not work out (also, not for me over here).

My contribution to the rationale (and I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned in the earlier discussion): Pieces might be pure a cappella, but conductors need to lead rehearsals every once in a while, and the might want to use the piano for that. And they're elected to lead, not to read:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zQ55S-DJsM
And there no. 3 of 5 possible options is not always correct... ;-)

Any hints?

Cheers,
Alexander