Re: Emmentaler font issues on Arch Linux builds

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Emmentaler font issues on Arch Linux builds
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 01:10:53 +0100

Following up on my own question:

On 2016-12-09 00:54, Alexander Kobel wrote:
[...] So, two-and-a-half questions:
What goes wrong, who has a clue or hint? And how can I double-check
whether the FontForge compilation flag was properly acknowledged?

Ouch! It wasn't:

% fgrep enable-double config.log:
configure:39098: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-double

And indeed: While the FF build instructions at
  https://fontforge.github.io/source-build.html#src-installs
mention --enable-double, the new instructions at
  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/blob/master/INSTALL-git.md
don't.

The flag might have been replaced by --enable-real=double, also see
  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/issues/2823
  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/pull/2910
which at least doesn't throw an error in the configuration phase, and reports

% fgrep float config.log
real (floating pt)      double

Unfortunately, the config.log from the previous run is gone now. Recompilation is still ongoing, and I won't be able to report before tomorrow or later...

Cheers,
Alexander