Re: Fixing LSR 888: center-on-words ignoring punctuation

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Fixing LSR 888: center-on-words ignoring punctuation
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:22:04 +0100

Dear all,

On 2016-12-10 00:12, Alexander Kobel wrote:
[...]
AFAICS, everything works beautifully as expected, with one strange
exception: in a chord with two equal notes, the default algorithm
chooses the right one as reference, your method chooses the reference
point depending on the stem direction. That's something I can perfectly
live with.
In particular because I took the liberty to add a second variant that
centers on chords; starting from your code, I found out how to do that.
Please find the file attached.

One little flaw in my last post: I forgot to remove some debug console output. Attached is a slightly revised version, including the original example from the LSR and a slightly cleaned-up new one comparing the default, center-on-word and center-on-word-on-chords strategies.

I think this one should be suitable for a revision of LSR 888; please test and let me know if any issues still remain.

Thanks,
Alexander