Re: OOoLilyPond

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 14:32:22 -0700 (MST)

Klaus Blum wrote
> Hello everybody,
>
> maybe it's a little late to warm up an old thread, but I had to struggle
> with a similar problem:
> Roman Stawski wrote
>> When I hit the lilypond button the console popped up as usual to run
>> Lilypond, finished correctly and disappeared. The OOoLP dialogue stayed
>> open. When I looked at the LP output, everything had compiled fine.
>> There were no errors.
>>
>> Debugging the macro, I found in the OOoLilypond/Make routine that after
>> compilation it was looking for OOoLilyPond.eps in the temp directory. In
>> reality I had OOoLilyPond-1.eps, OOoLilyPond-2.eps and OOoLilyPond-3.eps
>> ... but no OOoLilyPond.eps, so the routine just exited. I commented this
>> out since the only file I'm interested in is OOoLilyPond.png which was
>> there, and was included next. Debugging further kept throwing out errors
>> in LibreBasic ... so I gave up.
>>
>> Current state is that its now inserting the image ... but holding the
>> image source open (even if I delete the image from the document). This
>> means that the next run of OOoLP fails because it can't delete the
>> source from the previous run.
> I have OpenOffice 4.1.3 and OooLilyPond 0.4.0 running on Windows 7, and I
> use them a lot.
> Everything works fine as long as I use LilyPond 2.18.2, but I never got it
> to work with any 2.19 version.
>
> Apparently, LP 2.18 produces an EPS file and converts it into a PNG file.
> Both files are kept.
> With LP 2.19 (invoked by the same command) there is no EPS file with the
> same file name.
>
> Unfortunately, OooLilyPond always checks the presence of the EPS file (and
> exits if there's none), no matter if it's told to use the PNG or the EPS
> file.
> The easiest way I found was to change the way LilyPond is called, in a way
> that there really is an EPS file present.
>
> In the OooLilyPond macros, there is a section "LilyPond" containing a
> function named "CallLilyPond()".
> For composing the Windows command, there is a line that reads:
>
> ----------
> sCommand = sCommand & " " & sBackendOpt & " -f png -dresolution=" &
> iGraphicDPI & " OOoLilyPond.ly >OOoLilyPond.out 2>&1" &Chr(10)
> ----------
>
> This line should be replaced by:
>
> ----------
> sCommand = sCommand & " -dno-delete-intermediate-files --png " &
> sBackendOpt & " -dresolution=" & iGraphicDPI & " OOoLilyPond.ly
> >OOoLilyPond.out 2>&1" &Chr(10)
> ----------
>
> I've tested that with LP 2.18.2, LP 2.19.37 and LP 2.19.51, and it worked
> with all three versions.
> By the way, I have no idea of how to use the command line parameters...
> instead, I simply experimented with Frescobaldi and "stole" its output.
> ;-)
>
> I hope that this information is useful for some people. OooLilyPond is a
> [...]

Hello.

I mainly use Linux but recently I've tried to use OOoLilyPond with my
LibreOffice 5 on Windows 10, but it's failing. Windows 10 keeps crashing
LibreOffice whenever I try to convert the LP code into my document (as
normal).

I keep getting BASIC errors, like "BASIC runtime error. Variable not
defined".

How can I fix this on Windows, I don't understand the make and eps issues
mentioned in previous posts.

Thank you for helping!

-----
composer | sound designer