Re: Align to left the instrument title

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Align to left the instrument title
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 01:43:37 +0200

> Hello all,
> you can see what I want to obtain in the example attached.
>
> I want the title in the center of the page.
> The name of the instrument at the left margin of the first page.
> The name of the instrument in the center on the top of the other pages.
>
> I don't know what code to write for this result.
> I am not so expert at the moment.
> Hope someone can help me.
>
> Thank you all in advance.
>
> MB
>
>  File_000.jpeg

>> Hello Marco,
>>
>> You minimal working example (MWE) is too minimal actually.
>>
>> How about:
>>
>> \version "2.19.55"
>>
>> \version "2.18.2"
>> \header {
>>   title = \markup \fontsize #+1.5 {"My Music"}
>>   instrument = \markup {\left-align \fontsize #+1.5 {"Flute"}}
>> }
>>
>> { c }
>>
>> JM
>>
>> > Le 2 mai 2017 à 14:14, Marco Bagolin <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> >

>> > Hello all,
>> > I am not so expert and need a help.
>> > I would like that instrument title appear on the left of the first page
>> > and in the center of the other pages.
>> >
>> > I am trying with this code:
>> >
>> > \version "2.18.2"
>> > \header {
>> > title = \markup \fontsize #+1.5 {"My Music"}
>> > instrument = \left-align \fontsize #+1.5 {"Flute"}
>> > }
>> >
>> > but nothing happens.
>> > Instrument title in the first page is always centered.
>> > I tried to read manual section Titles and headers and to search examples
>> > in the site, but I did not find solutions about my problem.
>> >
>> > Hope some expert user can help me.
>> > Thank you all in advance.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Marco B.

Hello,

quick'n dirty:

\version "2.18.2"

\header {
  title = \markup \fontsize #1.5 "My Music"
  instrument = \markup \fill-line { \fontsize #1.5 "Flute" \null }
  %poet = "POET"
}

{ c }

It will fail if you want to use the 'poet'-field, though. To check
uncomment 'poet'.

In this case define a custom bookTitleMarkup.
I recently (yesterday?) wrote a tutorial about it, search the archives for it.

Cheers,
  Harm