Re: How to move a note just a little

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: How to move a note just a little
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 08:29:56 +0200

Hi Auke,

>  I am engraving a chorale prelude by Georg Friedrich Kauffmann. There is> a
> bar where I want the alto voice to cross over to the left hand
staff,> see the example below. But then the b in the alto voice clashed
with> both d's in tenor- and bass voice. I'd like to move the b in the
alto a> little to the left, or both d's in the tenor and bass a little
to the> right. I have tried NoteColumn.force-shift, NoteColumn.X-offset
and> NoteHead.extra-spacing-width in various combinations on the
clashing> notes, but nothing gives the desired effect. I can put
voiceThree before> d in the tenor voice and it moves out of the way
nicely. But the d in> the bass voice stays where it is and that's not
the effect that I want,> I want them to stay merged.> > Is there a way
in Lilypond to nudge a note (either the b in the alto> voice, or both
d's in tenor and bass) a little to the left or to the right?
Inserting a
\once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #-2
in front of the b16 in the alto voice works for me. The #-2 is way too
large but shows the effect.

HTH,
Michael
--