Re: Lilypond newbie can't compile

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Lilypond newbie can't compile
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 19:09:12 +1000

Hi Robin,

Would't it be great if instead of saying 'failed(1)' we could have a message saying 'unable to write to output file - file locked'. Especially since newbies are not generally able to read and remember all the details in the references, even though these may be obvious to old hands. Gosh, even I did not see that line in the instructions, even though it is clearly there. Perception is a fuzzy thing when beginning a new subject.

Andrew