Re: Music fonts in local directory

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Music fonts in local directory
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 23:02:54 +0200

[CCing back to the list]

Am 10.07.2017 um 22:02 schrieb David Bellows:
>> If your software is able to determine the lilypond installation directory it
>> could create the appropriate symlinks.
> Is there a Lilypond command for that?

No.

> I'm using OS system commands to
> call Lilypond from inside my software so I could get that information
> if that's the case.

Well, that's what I would do. However, there are different ways how
LilyPond is installed, depending on OS and method. With binary releases
you can find the font directory from the executable. Its relative path
is "../share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf"
Linux package maintainers may organize things differently, though.

>> Apart from that I think I recall someone wrote you can add the font
>> directory to LilyPond's include path.
> That would work nicely as well. Hopefully someone can give me a hint
> about that as well.

Hm, I just tested adding the folder to LilyPond's include path where the
fonts are, and that did *not* work.
So it seems my recollection was wrong ...

Best

Urs