Re: drawing brackets spanning multiple staves - spacing issue

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: drawing brackets spanning multiple staves - spacing issue
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:04:31 -0400

Hi Eby,

> i want the Bracket at the first beat of the bar.

That's wasn't clear to me from the code you provided (i.e., where the bracket
was placed, the timing of the overrides, etc.)

> Is the placement of brackets different on recent version of lilypond ?

I don't think so…

If you want the bracket first, why not try something like this?

%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
rightOne = \relative c'' {
  d1 \once \override Score.BarLine #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 4) |
  \once \override TextScript #'X-offset = #-1.5
  <>^\markup { \openBracket #19.3 }
  <>_\markup { \small \rounded-box "II: Principal Chorus"  }
  d4 a d e |
}
%%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Hope that helps,