Re: OpenType in LilyPond

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: OpenType in LilyPond
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:28:02 +0200

Am 12.08.2017 um 08:15 schrieb Jay Anderson:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

if I understand correctly LilyPond already supports OpenType features and
this will be documented in the next version (changes already have been
pushed to master). Is this only for use in markup \overrides or can you
select features document-wide? This would be nice:

\paper {
   #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
     #:music "cadence"
     #:brace "cadence"
     #:roman "Vollkorn" % Can this be Vollkorn with OT feature ss13?
     #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
   ))
}

I did some of the work on that feature. It currently can't be globally
enabled. I'd need to explore a bit more to figure it out how to make it
available globally, but seems like it should be doable. I can't promise
anything soon though.

That would be really nice! Maybe one could use a similar syntax as LibreOffice? That would be

        #:roman "Vollkorn:liga=0&ss13

for disabling liga and enabling ss13.

I just realised I can override grob the grob property font-features, not only markups. So I’ll adapt snippet 443 from the LSR for now (http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=443). In my use case I don’t have markups, headers, page numbers etc. so this solution should be sufficient.