multiple \keys and \time problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: multiple \keys and \time problem
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:01:52 +0200 (CEST)

Folks,

is it possible to make lilypond ignore multiple occurrences of \key or
\time if they don't actually change the current key or time?

Having

  \relative c' {
    \key d \major \time 2/2 d1 |
    d1 |
    \key d \major \time 2/2 d1 |
    d1 |
  }

I get the attached output.  However, I think it would be better that
the redundant \time and \key signatures get ignored by default –
similar to notes, where `des4 des4' doesn't produce a second flat sign
for the second note...

Note that this is not a constructed example; I get such lilypond code
while converting Cubase XML output with musicxml2ly.  Not sure whether
this is a bug in Cubase, or an allowed feature of MusicXML and thus a
bug in musicxml2ly...

    Werner

PNG image