Re: Change position sharp?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Change position sharp?
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 00:25:01 +0200

> Dear readers,
> Google did not gave me an answer to this so i ask it here.
> Is there a way to change the positions of a sharp?
> P.e. to prevent overlapping with a glissando and when the sharp is completely
> in the way the glissando does not even
> get printed.
>
> Apologies for my bad English.
>
> Most Kindly,
>
>    Peter

Better than moving the Accidental:
{
  c'4 \glissando
  \once \override Accidental.X-offset = 1
  des'
}
(you'll surely not want that)
would be to lengthen the glissando
{
  \once \override Glissando.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
  \once \override Glissando.minimum-length = 4
  c'4 \glissando des'
}
or to move the NoteColumn of the target note
{
  c'4 \glissando
  \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = 1
  des'