Re: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond

From: Ken Williams
Subject: Re: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 14:30:55 -0500

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
I am [slowly, but surely] putting together a whitepaper/framework which focuses on the numerous (!) ways this can be accomplished in Lilypond. They each have advantages and disadvantages, and each has its limitations and/or frustrations — unfortunately, there is (to my mind) no single "silver bullet" best practice.

Given my extremely busy commission workload, it's hard to estimate when I'll have the whitepaper/framework ready for public consumption, but I'll do my best to get it done ASAP. In the meantime, search for "divisi staves" and similar in the list archives, and you'll find a lot of threads which should point you in the right direction(s).

Thanks Kieren, I'll search for those.  I'd be interested to read (but can't promise to understand!) your whitepaper as it progresses.

 -Ken