a possible enhancement

From: Don Gingrich
Subject: a possible enhancement
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:35:20 +1100

I use Lilypond mostly for song sheets with a melody,
lyrics and guitar chords. On occasion I use Linux tools
to generate an MP3 of the tune to make it easier to
learn to sing a new tune.

Something that would be "nice" would be a way to
specify a guitar rhythm that would repeat the chords
as the midi/mp3 generates.

OK, I can specify

c4 c4 c4 |
f4 f4 g4:7 |
g4:7 c4 c4 |

But this generates a *lot* of stuff above the staff that
contributes nothing to playability.

Normally the above chords would be specified:

c4*3 f2 g2:7 c2

But If an additional section could specify:

|\accent 4 4 4|

So that the chord currently active would play in the
pattern specified -- this would be handy.

The typical pattern for Irish 6/8 is somewhat like
\accent 8 r8 8 \accent 8 r8 8

This may not be something that others would like,
if that's the case, I *can* always write it so that I
have either two sets of chords or, if I want to get
fancy, a guitar part that I only process when generating
mp3s -- that could allow for things like alternating bass
and other options. Still a simple multiple chords per
bar would be useful a lot of the time.

Thanks,

-Don
--