Re: Problem with \ottava #-1

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: Problem with \ottava #-1
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 16:10:21 +0200

Hi Andrew, Hi Malte,

Many thanks for your quick reply and for the help.

First of all my apologies for my  "not-minimai"-example. I just copied and pasted a bar from the real work, for sometimes my ME's do not show my problem. A bit of laziness too, I confess.

But here my "not-minimai"-example indeed does not show my problem  and I had to actually fake the effect by raising the notes of the upper voice by an octave in the third bar.
And it still puzzles me why it, the raising by an octave of the upper voice in the staff, did happen in the real score and not in this test example.

And I had never before seen this effect, \ottava  working on all voices in a Staff. But this was the first time I used \ottava #-1.

Anyway, you have supplied me with enough tools to avoid this problem next time.

Thanks again,

Best regards,