Re: Page numbers with "Page"

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Page numbers with "Page"
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 21:41:48 +0100

At 19:20 03/04/2018 +0000, David Bobroff wrote:
I want to put page numbers centered at the bottom of each page with the word "Page" before the number. I found this code in the docs which gets me halfway there but I don't know what to do to add "Page" before each number. The closest I've managed to come to a solution results in "Page" being in the lower left corner with the page number in the lower right corner.

-David

\version "2.18.2"

\book {
  \paper {
    print-page-number = ##t
    print-first-page-number = ##t
    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \null
    evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \null
    oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
      \fill-line {
        \on-the-fly \print-page-number-check-first
        \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    evenFooterMarkup = \oddFooterMarkup
  }
  \score {
    \new Staff { s1 \break s1 \break s1 }

But there is no "Page" at all there!

Perhaps:

oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
  \fill-line {
    \line {
      "Page "
      \on-the-fly \print-page-number-check-first
      \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

Brian Barker