Extraneous TabStaff printing when I don't want tab output

From: Larry Morandi
Subject: Extraneous TabStaff printing when I don't want tab output
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 16:38:09 +0000

I'm trying to print a score that does not include the TabStaff which I include on my individual parts. I'm finding that I get extraneous partial tab clefs and lines placed in my output whenever a "TabStaff.minimumFret" definition is found.

So I'm looking for a way have this fixed, or to do something like the equivalent of conditional compilation to remove references to TabStaff in the cases where I don't want the tab to be printed. I've tried using tags, and they offer no relief. What I really need is something like the old C preprocessor where I can just silently remove code so the parser doesn't see it. (I'm using Frescobaldi on a Mac as my editor and LilyPond front end.)

Here's an simple example (just modified from the normal new file template):

\version "2.18.0"

\header {
  title = "Test showing extraneous TabStaff output"
}
global = {
  \time 4/4
  \key c \major