Re: override TextScript.padding changes text baseline?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: override TextScript.padding changes text baseline?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:32:23 +0200

Robert Hickman <address@hidden> writes:

> I am attempting to increase the spacing between a text block and the
> staff, which I have found can be done using
>  \override TextScript.padding = ...

That doesn't increase the _spacing_ but the padding.

> However doing this changes the baseline of the text for some
> reason.

It doesn't change the baseline at all.  The additional padding may make
it necessary to shift the baseline in order to avoid collisions with
other scripts or objects.  You likely want to change staff-padding
instead which is supposed to make room for the reference points rather
than the outlines.

--
David Kastrup