Re: Square bracket version of \left-brace markup

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Square bracket version of \left-brace markup
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 12:11:16 -0700

On 2018-04-21 04:49, Torsten Hämmerle wrote:
But looking into the code and seeing how these brackets are being
constructed, there is a ly:bracket command that can be used for creating a
bracket stencil quite easily . . .

I should definitely set aside some time to dive in and get more familiar with reviewing the code base for future scenarios like this. I have been using LilyPond for almost ten years and never cracked open the source.

The markup command \left-bracket does nothing but draw a bracket and the only parameter is a pair for setting its dimension in Y direction (down and up) so that it can quite used quite conveniently by directly stating how far
it should reach down and up (with the baseline as a reference).

Many thanks, Torsten! That custom command is exactly what I need, as it produces a simple, clean marking.

-- Aaron