Re: Lilypond slow to start up on the Mac

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond slow to start up on the Mac
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:30:13 +0200

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Tim,
>
> The development versions are very stable. I hammer them all day with
> massively complex scores, and no problems arise. The term 'unstable' is a
> self deprecating conventional trope of modesty used in the open source
> world.

No, it means that any change/feature might not persist into the next
stable version, and also that you may pick a bad version.

Basically, picking an unstable version is something you should not do if
you are not prepared to update next month (or week) again.  Or be
prepared to downgrade in the case of problems.  The stable versions are
more of the "install and forget" kind of quality.

--
David Kastrup