Re: \magnifyStaff alters thickness of barlines

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: \magnifyStaff alters thickness of barlines
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 05:13:58 -0700 (MST)

Torsten Hämmerle wrote
> A factor of 6/7 means a magstep value of approx. -1,3344.

Sorry, it's a magstep of -1.3344 (I was using the German decimal comma out
of a habit).

And concerning the presumed bug, I came to the conclusion that it's rather a
feature, not a bug.
Changing or not changing the size of objects is a difficult decisions, both
ways have their pros and cons:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/magnifyStaff-vs-fontSize.png>

When looking at it with a perceivable change in size, it all depends on the
inter-staff bar lines.
So, no bug: that way, one has the possibility to choose depending on the
specific case.

The only thing that isn't quite kosher is the misalignemt between the final
bar line and the stave-lines marked in red.

All the best,
Torsten