gridlayout of Bars with Clef

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: gridlayout of Bars with Clef
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:50:41 +0200

Hi,

 for a preface I need a grid layout of single bars with barlines on
the left and right hand side, a clef for each bar and some music
within.

Below is a first attempt which should demonstrate the basic idea. My
problems with this example:

1. The systemStartDelimiter of the bars of the first row is drawn
   across all staves.

2. I can't find a straightforward way to add a full size clef on the
   bars in the second and third row.

It might be that a different approach altogether is better and I'm
open for any suggestions.

--
Orm

8<------------------------------------------------------------->8
\version "2.19"

empty = {\stopStaff s1 \startStaff}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChoirStaff \with { systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBar } \relative
c' {
      <<
        \new Staff {
          \clef "treble" \relative c' { c1 \empty g1 \empty a1}}
        \new Staff {
          \clef "treble" \relative c' { c1 \empty g1 \empty a1}}
        \new Staff {
          \clef "treble" \relative c' { c1 \empty g1 \empty a1}}
        \new Staff {
          \clef "treble" \relative c' { c1 \empty g1 \empty a1}}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff \omit TimeSignature