Re: Layout of a (piano) hand indicator

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Layout of a (piano) hand indicator
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 11:25:54 -0700 (MST)

I just played a little with the complex snippet of Harm and it worked like a
charm!
You definitely should put this code in the snippets directory!

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
>   %% FingeringColumn present, because two or more fingerings present and
>   %% `fingeringOrientations' is `left'
>   %%
>   %% need to manually adjust Fingerings, but sometimes FingeringColumn
> still
>   %% delivers surprises ...

I didn't understand where was the problem actually?

I take the opportunity to ask a question about this FingeringColumn
interface which I don't understand. I tried to shorter the distance between
fingerings when they are in column but without succes.

I can get it worked with: "\override Fingering.padding = #0" but this will
then concern all the fingerings in the score (of course I can use \once but
I will need to make that every time this occurs).

The documentation mentioned a padding parameter for the
fingering-column-interface wich seems interesting in this case, but nothing
happen when I use this! What did I miss?

Exemple:
\version "2.19.81"

\relative {
  \textLengthOn
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'()
  <c'-1e-2g-3>1^"normal"
  \once \override Fingering.padding = #0
  <c-1e-2g-3>^"OK but will affect every fingers"
  \once \override FingeringColumn.padding = #0
  <c-1e-2g-3>^"doesn't work?"