Fwd: Compile crashing... help!

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 22:35:49 +1000

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile a very large project, it keeps crashing and I'm at a loss as to the cause. Some details:

- It's about 200 pages, made up of 13 separate \bookpart blocks within a \book block.

- When I comment out any 2 of the bookparts (leaving 11 behind), the file compiles just fine, but once there are 12 or 13 (doesn't matter which), the compile crashes somewhere during the 'drawing systems' stage of the 12th bookpart.

- The error first appears as a Windows notification saying: " Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." The error code in Frescobaldi varies, I've had 255, 3 and 1073741395.

- I've monitored my laptop's CPU and memory usage during the compiling process, and neither even comes close to reaching capacity (CPU around 30%; Memory 5.6/16 gig).

- I've tried to compile using both Frescobaldi and directly by initialising lilypond.exe, both give the same result.

I don't know what to do. I've attached a .zip file of the entire project, if anyone wants to try compiling the whole thing. Most of the files are just data and layout variables; the file to compile is 'SG_complete_DE.ly".

I would be very grateful for any ideas, suggestions or help.

Regards,

Brent Annable.