Re: 5/4 full measure rest

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: 5/4 full measure rest
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 10:35:14 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 16. Mai 2018 um 10:11:30 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Menu Jacques:
> Hello folks,
>
> What is the best way to write such a length, that cannot be written with dots?
>
> I’m not sure about R1*5/4, and I thought R1 R4 would be OK for that, but:

as a general rule: If a full measure rest is positioned in the center
of the bar, it will *always* be written as a whole rest completely
independent of the time signature. In case you want to spell out the
rests, they should not be written as full measure rests and are
postitioned aligned vertically to their respective beat. This is
common practise and the way it's expected by musicians.

--
Orm