Re: Broken Hairpin

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Broken Hairpin
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 02:59:58 -0700 (MST)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> No idea why alterBroken's not working, too late here to investigate.
>
> Anyway, below may give you a starting point for a different coding:
>
>       \override Hairpin.after-line-breaking =
>       #(lambda (grob)
>      (let* ((orig (ly:grob-original grob))
>             (siblings (if (ly:grob? orig)
>                           (ly:spanner-broken-into orig) '())))
>        (if (and (pair? siblings) (equal? grob (car siblings)))
>            (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'thickness 10))))
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Thank you Harm for this solution. This morning I tried alterBroken with
other propreties and it worked in certain cases.

For instance, the Y-offset property works well (which is good because it is
what I needed). But the exemple of thickness as written in the documentation
doesn't seem to work for hairpins, even when not written in a dynamic
context.

\new PianoStaff
<<
  \relative c' {
    c4 d e f
    \break
    g_"working" f e d
    \break
    c4 d -\alterBroken thickness #'(5 1) \< e f
    \break
    g^"not working" f\! e d
    \break
  }
  \new Dynamics {
    \override PianoStaff.Hairpin.to-barline = ##f
    \override PianoStaff.Hairpin.after-line-breaking = ##t
    s1 -\alterBroken Y-offset #'(0 -7.5) \<
    s2\! s

  }
  \relative c' {