Re: Intervals between various B pitches

From: Jacques Menu Muzhic
Subject: Re: Intervals between various B pitches
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 12:32:45 +0200

Hello Malte and Simon,

I must apologize for the subject of this post being off-topic for this list,
but you guys here are the best experts I can contact for such a specific
question.

I’m programming a function computing the interval between two pitches, to
display for example the inner intervals in chords.

This way, the b-f’ in a g dominant chord <g b d’ f’> will show up as a
diminished fifth.

It's in this context that my question arose, for the sake of completeness of
the code.

I’ll thus return a non-value for such cases that don’t occur in real musical
life.

BTW, does anyone know whether/how Music21 support such a functionality?

Sorry for not telling about the context beforehand, thanks for your help, and a
nice day!

JM