Re: Help with piano tenuto notes

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Help with piano tenuto notes
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 13:51:01 -0400

Hi Giampaolo,

> I am trying to replicate the notation in the linked picture, but the best I
> can do is to create different voices but when I try I get the attached
> example. If I try to create multiple voices on the last chord, I get too many
> notehead clashes and it doesn't look good at all.
> Any suggestion?

Maybe something like this?

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\header {
  % Remove default LilyPond tagline
  tagline = ##f
}

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "letter")
}

global = {
  \key a \minor
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 3/8
}

right = {
  \global
  \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
  \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn
  <<
    { \voiceOne  a16 b c' \set tieWaitForNote = ##t e' ~ c' ~ b ~ <a b c'
e'>4.\fermata }
    \\
   \new Voice { \voiceTwo s8. e'8.*1/3 \noBeam c'8*1/2 \noBeam b16  }

  \bar "|."
}

left = \relative c' {
  \global
  a,4.~ a\fermata \bar "|."
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "right" \right
    \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass \left }

}
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Hope that helps!
Kieren.