Re: Frescobaldi to default window layout

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi to default window layout
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 21:02:38 -0700

On 2018-06-30 19:54, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
​How do I restore Frescobaldi to the default window layout?
Thank you, ƒg

Probably silly for me to even attempt to field this question as I have never used Frescobaldi before. Doing a quick search did not turn up anything about options for resetting the layout. I would recommend filing an issue for this as a feature request: https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues

In the meantime, the best option might be to look for and manually delete the settings that have been persisted. The location of these settings will depend on your platform, as PyQt4's QSettings attempts to generalize this away from the application. Here is an excerpt from the docs:

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/qsettings.html:
This information is often stored in the system registry on Windows,
and in XML preferences files on Mac OS X. On Unix systems, in the
absence of a standard, many applications (including the KDE
applications) use INI text files.

It should be noted that you should keep a backup of any settings files you change in case you need to revert.

-- Aaron Hill