Re: Old Style numbers

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Old Style numbers
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 02:26:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi F.,

First of all, let me point out that you don't need to override the stencil.
Grobs supporting the font-interface also have a property "font-features"
that can be set by supplying a list of, well, font-features:

  \override TextScript.font-features = #'("onum")

fsarud wrote
> Some open questions.
>
> a) anything inside \header must be manually corrected using the
> \oldStyleNum. I couldn't find something as global.

That's because the header markup consists of many individual markups not
linked at all to certain grobs.

But, as far as I'm concerned, I hardly ever use the standard title markup
and when defining a custom markup anyway, it's easy to use font-features as
required.

A global way of setting the standard document fonts to old style figures (or
any other font-features) is currently being discussed about and will
probably be available in some future release.

And, yes, tuplet and ottava numbers are a case of their own.

All the best,
Torsten