Re: Software playing lilypond's music sheets

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Software playing lilypond's music sheets
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:15:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018, Samuel DA MOTA wrote:

Hi everyone!

I wrote a software a while ago that would play a music sheet generated
by lilypond. It shows the music sheet and follows it with a cursor. I
made a video to demo the end-result. You can watch it at
https://s-d-m.github.io/lilydumper/intro_assets/lilyplayer-demo.webm

Wow. I'm impressed. This is something that I could use!
I downloaded the sources from GitHub but was not able to compile succesfully (yet). I'm on Linux Fedora 28.

I hope a userfriendly distribution of the tools will be available one day. Or a Makefile that works on my system.

If anyone has succesfully compiled these tools on a Fedora system please share what additional libraries, steps or patches were required.

--

MT