Re: layout of markup text

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: layout of markup text
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 08:52:04 -0500

Hi David,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 6:49 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Peter,

You might find this helpful:
https://github.com/davidnalesnik/lilypond-text-spanner-inner-texts

Another great addition you've added to my LilyPond library.

Did you know that GitHub's Markdown allows images? Even in the (very user-visible) README.md landing page for a repository? Your repo made me do a bit of Googling this morning, and I applied the results to one of my own score repositories; it works great:

https://github.com/trevorbaca/akasha

The relevant bit of Markdown is just ...

   ![Alt text](url)

... which can be as simple as ...

   ![Float text](my-image.png)

... when using a local resource (my-image.png) housed in the same directory as the README.md file.

(There's a surprisingly readable 3-minute guide on GitHub's Markdown authored by GitHub here: https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/.)

All of which is to say that you could render https://github.com/davidnalesnik/lilypond-text-spanner-inner-texts/blob/master/example.ly as notation, do a quick screencapture (to PNG), put the PNG in the same directory as the README.md, and add just a single line to the README.md for a perfect notational illustration of the package's functionality.

Thanks again for all your work extending Lily in some very sensible and useful ways; I've thoroughly integrated your text spanner ID extensions, and it's really changed what I'm able easily to communicate with text spanners in my own scores.

Trevor.