Re: How to engrave a simple three-voice song in a single staff

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: How to engrave a simple three-voice song in a single staff
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:20:07 +0200

Hi Jakob,

I'd like to have a simple three-voice traditional song in a single staff.

- same notes should be merged to one note
- the upper two voice should be merged to chords

Maybe something like:

\version "2.19.80"

\new Staff \with { printPartCombineTexts = ##f }
  <<
    \partcombine
    \relative g' {
      \partial 4 g4
      g4 c8 b c4
    }
    \relative g' {
      \partial 4 g4
      e4. f8 g4
    }
  \\
   \relative g' {
     \partial 4 g4
     c,4. d8 e4
   }

But expect trouble if rhythms start to become independent.

Best
Lukas

PS. I left the \partial in each voice - while it's unneccesary here, it might be useful to have it in each voice if you want to extract parts.