Question about GUB and source code update

From: Partitura Organum
Subject: Question about GUB and source code update
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:07:48 +0200

Hello,

About a month ago I succeeded in getting GUB running and compiling in VirtualBox on my Windows 10 machine. So I have now a working Windows version of Lilypond 2.21 from the source code as it was a month ago. What I'd like to know is: what happens if I run GUB again? Do I then build the same Lilypond version again? Or does GUB automatically refresh the source code and is the result a 'newer' Lilypond? I did run it again, but the version is number is the same, so that's a bit inconclusive.

Regards,
Auke