Re: Include path syntax on Mac

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Include path syntax on Mac
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:21:47 -0500

On Tue 14 Aug 2018 at 21:31:18 (+0200), Urs Liska wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it seems LilyPond on Windows requires paths passed to the -I command
> line option to have a trailing slash while LilyPond on Linux doesn't
> seem to care whether there is or not (see
> https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/1094). It seems a fix
> to the issue in Frescobaldi is to ensure there's a trailing slash to
> the paths, which makes it work on Windows and Linux.
>
> Before merging this code I'd need to know whether Mac also doesn't
> care about the trailing slash. Obviously it accepts paths without
> slashes, but if it should not accept them *with* slashes I'd need to
> make the changed code aware of the OS.
>
> Could someone please test (or tell me directly) whether it makes a
> difference if a path passed to -I has a trailing slash or not on
> Mac?

It's worth bearing in mind that AFAICT -I can take a relative path.
In windows, D: and D:\ can be different directories depending on
circumstances. No idea about the Mac, though.

Is LP constructing filenames merely by concatenating part1, delimiter
and part2? This usually works but isn't the Right Way, hence functions
like Python's os.path.join().

Cheers,
David.