Re: tuplet error

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: tuplet error
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 15:50:31 +1000

Hi  Craig, It's a legitimate warning but not an error because you cant draw a bracket in this context really.

As a keyboard player who has recently taken up flute myself, I am compelled to ask what you actually mean by this notation? To me it is not at all clear, and in my engraving work, clarity for the reader is my prime consideration at all times and in all contexts. Won't other players also be confused? [I admit that this may be a common flute notation I have not got up to yet.]

I'm aware that flute being incredibly expressive tends to encourage composers to come up with scads of unique notation to express all the wonderful things you can do with the flute and the breath. Is this one of those cases?

Andrew