call for testing new replace mode in Frescobaldi Midi Input

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: call for testing new replace mode in Frescobaldi Midi Input
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 11:47:19 +0200

Hi folks

Dmitriy contributed a new feature for MIDI input in Frescobaldi v2 some months ago and I recently rebased his patch on master to make it work on Frescobaldi v3 and make sure the review process could start. As Frescobaldi developers may not have a MIDI instrument to test it (I know Urs doesn't have one), I would welcome comments from anyone who can.

I've written a simple wiki page to set up a MIDI keyboard in Linux:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/MIDI-input-on-Linux

Pull request discussion is here:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/pull/1039

You should checkout the following branch:

git pull https://github.com/fedelibre/frescobaldi.git
git checkout midi-replace-mode-rebased

Instructions on how to run Frescobaldi from source is also on github wiki.

Remember that replace mode works only when the cursor has at least a note at the right. When you want to enter the first music via MIDI input, Re-pitch mode should be unchecked.

Thanks
Federico